Thursday 14 October 2010

Films I've seen recently


Inglourious Basterds - This is one hell of a film, I really loved it. It's so unique and raw, I loved how most of it wasn't even in English, because it made it feel much more realistic.


The Descent Part 2 - I wanted to watch this because the first Descent film was one of my favourite horror films of recent years. This sequel has a very similar feel to it, which is good, and I certainly didn't find that it got repetitive, because one would think there'd be only so many ways to scare the audience when it all takes place underground. I liked it a lot, but not as much as the first.


Home - I hadn't even heard of this, but Film4 have been showing a French film every week, and I enjoy foreign films, and considering that I'm doing French AS level, I thought it'd be good to watch it. It's about a family who live out in a remote area of France, blissfully enjoying the quiet, until a motorway is built directly outside of their house. It causes a lot of disruption and gradually causes the family to fall apart. It's an interesting study of family life, a little surreal at times, but I liked it nonetheless.


The Emperor's New Groove - I always heard everyone saying how great this film was, and when I saw it was on TV this week, I had to watch it. It was really great; the characters are hilarious and just the randomness of it all made me love it. I now know what all the fuss is about.


The Lovely Bones - I remember before this came out, everyone thought it was going to be one of the best films ever, because they loved the book and Peter Jackson was directing it. Then when it came out, it got bad reviews and disappointed a lot of people. I haven't read the book, but now after seeing the film I don't even want to. There were parts of this film I really enjoyed, some of the scenery was fantastic, plus Saoirse Ronan is a great young actress (I loved her in Atonement). However, I think it could have been better if it went for a 15 certificate as opposed to a 12, because it could have gotten darker, rather than just hinting on dark themes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment